Friday 2 January 2015

Finally some progress on the top suspension mount. As I mentioned in my earlier posting I wasn't happy with my first attempt at the top shock mount as it looked more like a civil engineering project than part of a motorbike frame.
I now have something which is a) strong and b) looks more the part. The uprights are taken from an SRX swinging arm which I had knocking around, the arm had the right bend and was about the right dimensions.


The welding is a mix of TIG and MIG, I found some of the difficult to reach areas tricky to do with the TIG so reverted back to my trusty MIG.
I need to refit the tank mount and then loose assemble everything so I can decide on the next steps. I need to decide which seat I am going to use (SDR200 or stock SRX) and whether the SRX250 fairing looks right or not. The SDR200 seat will need modifications to the rear subframe and dictates the  location of the battery and electrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment