Thursday 28 November 2013

So once the wheels are aligned the next step is to work out how to mount the rear shock and linkage. I have a choice of linkages and dogbones and limited space behind the engine to mount the rocker linkage. I have already decided that I am going to remake the lower engine mounts and extend them rear wards to incorporate the mounting point for the lower linkage, this gives a solid mounting point rather than relying upon existing frame members.
My main concern was how to decide exactly where to put the mount and what effect the different linkages I have would make. I did start to create a spreadsheet to model this but quickly got bogged down with too many variables. As with most things chances are someone else has had this problem and come up with a solution, I found the solution HERE it allows me to play around with different geometries and lengths and see what the effect is. Inputting the values in the first place is a little challenging but I will get there, and I will at least have some confidence that its not all guesswork.
I suspect I will end up making the lower mount adjustable and this will at least allow me to judge how effective the adjustment will be and what impact it will have.


No comments:

Post a Comment